hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ilya Kirnos <i...@cardspring.com>
Subject Is it possible to run from localized directory instead of jar?
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 03:20:03 GMT
When running hadoop locally, RunJar will unjar the job jar and use the
localized directory as the classpath to run the job.  When running
distributed, it seems the localized directory is created, but the jar is
used for the classpath instead, and the localized directory is ignored for
classpath purposes.  Is it possible to configure hadoop to use the unjared
directory instead?  (I have some relative paths that work on a real
filesystem, but not when running from a jar.)

This is the directory I'm talking about:

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/mapred_tutorial.html:

   - ${mapred.local.dir}/taskTracker/jobcache/$jobid/jars/ : The jars
   directory, which has the job jar file and expanded jar. The job.jar is
   the application's jar file that is automatically distributed to each
   machine. It is expanded in jars directory before the tasks for the job
   start. The job.jar location is accessible to the application through the
   api JobConf.getJar()
<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobConf.html#getJar()>.
   To access the unjarred directory, JobConf.getJar().getParent() can be
   called.

Thanks.

--
-ilya