hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Chris Embree <cemb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: datanode write forwarding
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 21:09:12 GMT
Hi Jay,

We'll need "real developer" expertise on this, but my understanding of the
documentation is:

Client talks to Name node to get Node/Block assignments,  client then talks
to node 1: write, fwd, node 2: write, fwd, node 3: write, ack node 2, node
2: ack node1, node 1: ack Client and Name Node.

write includes data write and checksum, ack = report success.  The fwd
requests happen AFTER successful write and checksum.

Hope this helps.
Chris