hadoop-user mailing list archives

From 周梦想 <abloz...@gmail.com>
Subject why not hadoop backup name node data to local disk daily or hourly?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:48:00 GMT
Some reasons lead to my name node data error, but the error data also
overwrite the second name node data, also the NFS backup. I want to recover
the name node data a day ago or even a week ago,but I can't. I have to back
up name node data manually or write a bash script to backup it? why  hadoop
does not give a configure to   backup name node data to local disk daily or
 hourly with different time stamp name?

The same question is to HBase's .META. and -ROOT- table. I think it's
history storage is more important 100  times than the log history.

I think it could be implemented in Second Name Node/Check Points Node or
Back Node. Now I do this just using bash script.

Some one agree with me?

Best Regards,
Andy Zhou