hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Joep Rottinghuis <jrottingh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fastest way to transfer files
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2012 07:50:55 GMT
Not sure why you are implying a contradiction when you say: "... distcp is useful _but_ you
want to do 'it' in java..."

First of all distcp _is_ written in Java.
You can call distcp or any other MR job from Java just fine.

Cheers,

Joep

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 28, 2012, at 12:01 PM, burakkk <burak.isikli@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have two different hdfs cluster. I need to transfer files between these environments.
What's the fastest way to transfer files for that situation?

> I've researched about it. I found distcp command. It's useful but I want to do in java
so is there any way to do this?

> Is there any way to transfer files chunk by chunk from one hdfs cluster to another one
or is there any way to implement a process using chunks without whole file?