hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Eduard Skaley <e.v.ska...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Map Shuffle Bytes
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:46:06 GMT
Hi,

I mean TO the mappers. I'm using the CompositeInputFormat for my
application to compute map-side joins.
I want to join two datasets A and B one is stored on node 1 and the
other one on node 2.
For example if the join will be computed on node 2 then the inputsplit
of the dataset which is stored on node 1 has to be transferred to node 2.
I want to count the bytes which are shuffled (transferred) TO the mapper
of node 2.