hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Tadas MakĨinskas <Tadas.Makcins...@bdc.lt>
Subject steps to fix data block corruption after server failure
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 14:42:23 GMT
Having situation here. Some of our servers went away for a while. As
we attached them back to the cluster it appeared that as a result we have
multiple Missing/Corrupt blocks and some Mis-replicated blocks.

Can't figure out how to solve the issue of restoring the system to a
normal working state. Can't figure out neither a nice way to remove those
corrupted files, nor a way to restore them. All of these files are in the following folders:
   /user/<user>/.Trash
   /user/<user>/.staging

what following steps would be advised in order to solve our issue?

Thanks, Tadas