hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mapred Learn <mapred.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What should I do with a 48-node cluster
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 03:32:06 GMT
What about investing this cluster in a startup if u hv some awesomeideas :)
Who knows how much you might gain over next few years :)

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 19, 2012, at 7:29 PM, Mark Kerzner <mark.kerzner@shmsoft.com> wrote:

> Sure, I love hardware, but aren't the hosting costs prohibitively high?
> Mark
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Mohammad Tariq <dontariq@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello sir,
>>      If you think the deal fits in your budget, better go for it. It's just a 1 time
investment and provides you more control on your cluster than AWS. You can get your hands
dirty with some config & admin stuff as well, in case you haven't touched that part yet.
But, go for it iff you are totally confident about the machines and the person you are dealing
>> Best Regards,
>> Tariq
>> +91-9741563634
>> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Mark Kerzner <mark.kerzner@shmsoft.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Someone wants to give me (OK, sell, but for the cheap) a 48-node cluster of decent
blades, a few years old. Should I even thy to think of what to do with them, given that one
can use dedicated servers and Amazon's EC2?
>>> Thank you. Sincerely,
>>> Mark

View raw message