hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Jain Rahul <ja...@ivycomptech.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Tutorial help
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 07:11:26 GMT
You can also check these two links.

http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-hadoop-on-ubuntu-linux-single-node-cluster/

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/02/hadoop-pseudo-distributed-installation/

Regards,
Rahul

From: Nitin Pawar [mailto:nitinpawar432@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 December 2012 12:37
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

You will need to move to minimum version of hadoop @0.20.2 or 1.0.2

0.18 is long retired.

You can just setup a plain linux VM and setup a single node hadoop using the tutorial. Most
of the things would remain same but should be straight forward to solve through. You also
dont need to compile hadoop, you can just download pre-build hadoop binaries from apache

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 9:23 PM, Jennifer Lopez <lopez.mirinda@gmail.com<mailto:lopez.mirinda@gmail.com>>