Thanks for your answers!

From: Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz@uci.cu>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 19:03:23 +0100
To: peter cogan <peter.cogan@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: "user@hadoop.apache.org" <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Set the number of maps

The option since 0.21 was renamed to mapreduce.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum, and like
Harsh said to you, is is a TaskTracker service level option.

Another thing is that this option is very united to the mapreduce.child.java.opts, so , make sure
to monitor constantly the effect of these changes in your cluster.