Hi Ramesh,

It is an Apache project and if you want information you should look at the website, especially :
http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html
http://hadoop.apache.org/who.html

Using the code repository, you might get an idea of who contributed what.

As for the objectives, you will have to review the press releases of the major actors and the project wiki.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/

Regards

Bertrand

As for the technical objectives, it's up to the PMC/commiters and their company if they are engaged for that work.