hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "ac@hsk.hk" ...@hsk.hk>
Subject Datanode: "Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources"
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 11:51:21 GMT
Hi,

I am setting up HDFS security with Kerberos:
When I manually started the first datanode, I got the following messages (the namenode is
started):

1) INFO org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: Login successful for user ....
2) ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot
start secure cluster without privileged resources.

OS: Ubuntu 12.04
Hadoop: 1.0.4

It seems that it could login successfully but something is missing
Please help!

Thanks