hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "ac@hsk.hk" ...@hsk.hk>
Subject Re: Datanode: "Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources"
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:41:11 GMT
Hi,

A question:
I started Secure DN then ran JPS as root, I could not find any running DN:
16152
16195 Jps

However, when I tried to start the secure DN again, I got:
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
datanode running as process 16117. Stop it first.

Does it mean JPS is no longer a tool to check DN in secure mode?

Thanks

On 26 Nov 2012, at 9:03 PM, ac@hsk.hk wrote:

> Hi Harsh,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply, got it!
>
> Thanks
> ac
>
> On 26 Nov 2012, at 8:32 PM, Harsh J wrote:
>
>> Secure DN needs to be started as root (it runs as proper user, but
>> needs to be started as root to grab reserved ports), and needs a
>> proper jsvc binary (for your arch/OS) available. Are you using
>> tarballs or packages (and if packages, are they from Bigtop)?
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM, ac@hsk.hk <ac@hsk.hk> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am setting up HDFS security with Kerberos:
>>> When I manually started the first datanode, I got the following messages (the
namenode is started):

>>> 1) INFO org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: Login successful for
user ....
>>> 2) ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources.