hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Set the number of maps
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 16:55:15 GMT
It can't be set from the code this way - the slot property is applied
at the TaskTracker service level (as the name goes).

Since you're just testing at the moment, try to set these values,
restart TTs, and run your jobs again. You do not need to restart JT at
any point for tweaking these values.

--
Harsh J