hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Datanode: "Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources"
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:32:06 GMT
Secure DN needs to be started as root (it runs as proper user, but
needs to be started as root to grab reserved ports), and needs a
proper jsvc binary (for your arch/OS) available. Are you using
tarballs or packages (and if packages, are they from Bigtop)?

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM, ac@hsk.hk <ac@hsk.hk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am setting up HDFS security with Kerberos:
> When I manually started the first datanode, I got the following messages (the namenode
is started):

> 1) INFO org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: Login successful for user ....
> 2) ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources.

--
Harsh J