hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Mahesh Balija <balijamahesh....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doubt on Input and Output Mapper - Key value pairs
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 05:53:59 GMT
Hi Rams,

           A mapper will accept single key-value pair as input and can emit
0 or more key-value pairs based on what you want to do in mapper function
(I mean based on your business logic in mapper function).
           But the framework will actually aggregate the list of values
associated with a given key and sends the key and List of values to the
reducer function.

Best,
Mahesh Balija.