hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Quentin Ambard <quentin.amb...@gmail.com>
Subject changing ha failover auto conf value
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:11:53 GMT
Hello,
I have 2 namenodes in ha mode, running with 3 journal node, 3 zookeeper
servers and 2 zkfc (one with each namenode)

If a server with the activated namenode and a zkfc get both down, the
single instance of zkfc can't activate the standby namenode.

So I end with a single namenode in standby mode.
I can try to activate it with the following :
hdfs haadmin -transitionToActive nn1 --forcemanual

But it's recommended to disable the automatic failover to avoid split-brain.
To do so, i stop all my namenode and set the
 dfs.ha.automatic-failover.enabled property to false.

However, restarting the namenode doesn't change this configuration, i'm
still getting the same warning while trying to activate the namenode.

How can I change this configuration value ?

Do I really need to have 3 namenode to avoid this situation (namenode
manually activation), or can I achieve a full-auto conf with only 2
namenode ?

Thanks for your help

--
Quentin Ambard