hadoop-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bharath vissapragada <bharathvissapragada1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ISSUE while configuring ECLIPSE with MAP-REDUCE
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 06:11:11 GMT
Switch to the new api and use 'Job' class ! That should solve the problem!

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM, yogesh dhari <yogeshdhari@live.com> wrote:

>  I am using Apache Hadoop-0.20.2
>
> Regards
> Yogesh Kumar
>
> ------------------------------
> From: yogeshdhari@live.com
> To: user@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: ISSUE while configuring ECLIPSE with MAP-REDUCE
> Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:17:42 +0530
>
>
>  Hi Hadoop Champs,
>
> *I am facing this issue while trying to configure Eclipse with Map-Reduce.
> *
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation
> problems:
>     The method setInputFormat(Class<? extends InputFormat>) in the type
> JobConf is not applicable for the arguments (Class<TextInputFormat>)
>     The method setOutputFormat(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in the type
> JobConf is not applicable for the arguments (Class<TextOutputFormat>)
>     The method setInputPaths(Job, String) in the type FileInputFormat is
> not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)
>     The method setOutputPath(Job, Path) in the type FileOutputFormat is
> not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)
>
>     at TestDriver.main(TestDriver.java:30)
>
>
>
>
> *I have these classes and flow pattern.*
>
>
> import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
> import org.apache.hadoop.io.IntWritable;
> import org.apache.hadoop.io.Text;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Mapper;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Reducer;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.TextInputFormat;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.TextOutputFormat;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputFormat;
> import org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.FileOutputCommitter;
>
>
>
> public class TestDriver {
>
>     public static void main(String[] args) {
>         JobClient client = new JobClient();
>         JobConf conf = new JobConf(TestDriver.class);
>
>         // TODO: specify output types
>         conf.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
>         conf.setOutputValueClass(IntWritable.class);
>
>         // TODO: specify input and output DIRECTORIES (not files)
>         //conf.setInputPath(new Path("src"));
>         //conf.setOutputPath(new Path("out"));
>
>        * *conf.*setInputFormat*(TextInputFormat.class); * /*   ERROR
> shown is :: The method setInputFormat(Class<? extends InputFormat>) in
> the type JobConf is not applicable for the  arguments
> (Class<TextInputFormat>) */*
>
>         conf.*setOutputFormat*(TextOutputFormat.class);  * /*  ERROR
> shown is :: The method setOutputFormat(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in
> the type JobConf is not applicable for the  arguments
> (Class<TextOutputFormat>)*  */
>
>         FileInputFormat.*setInputPaths*(conf, new Path("In")); * /* ERROR
> shown is ::  The method setInputPaths(Job, String) in the type
> FileInputFormat is not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)  */*
>
>
>         FileOutputFormat.*setOutputPath*(conf, new Path("Out")); * /*
> ERROR shown is :: The method setOutputPath(Job, Path) in the type
> FileOutputFormat is not applicable for the arguments (JobConf, Path)   */
> *
>
>
>         // TODO: specify a mapper
>
> conf.setMapperClass(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.IdentityMapper.class);
>
>         // TODO: specify a reducer
>
> conf.setReducerClass(org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.IdentityReducer.class);
>
>         client.setConf(conf);
>         try {
>             JobClient.runJob(conf);
>         } catch (Exception e) {
>             e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>     }
>
> }
>
>
> Please suggest & Help
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Yogesh Kumar
>
>


-- 
Regards,
Bharath .V
w:http://researchweb.iiit.ac.in/~bharath.v

Mime
View raw message