hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Verma <sanjeev.x.ve...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ubuntu 12.04 - Which JDK?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 06:17:15 GMT
AFAIK, openjdk can be used to run hadoop. Why do you want to build hadoop
from source? Get precompiled binaries and you will be ok.

Also, you can install sun/oracle jdk on ubuntu. Just google for
instructions, u will find plenty, like here -
http://www.ubuntututorials.com/install-oracle-java-jdk-7-ubuntu-12-04/.
These are for jdk 7, but you can follow the same to install jdk 6.