hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Barak Yaish <barak.ya...@gmail.com>
Subject hbase hive integration - "FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional connection factory"
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:43:23 GMT
Hi,

We would like to integrate hive with hbase, so we are following the
instructions listed here https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hbaseintegration.html
.

Hadoop 1.0.4

Hbase 0.94.2

Hive 0.9.0

I’ve updated hadoop-env.sh HADOOP_CLASSPATH with hive jars. When running
hive and trying to create the table as described in the above link, the
following error is thrown:

hive> CREATE TABLE hbase_table_1(key int, value string)

    > STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'

    > WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ":key,cf1:val")

    > TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "xyz");

FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error
creating transactional connection factory

NestedThrowables:

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Can anyone suggest what else need to be done in order to set up the
integration?

Thanks.