hadoop-user mailing list archives

From L N <nklnaray...@gmail.com>
Subject Argumments to Hadoop Command
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 18:00:09 GMT
Hi,

 I am trying to run a hadoop command

 hadoop jar lc.jar linecount -Dmapred.job.queue.name=<queue-name> input
output

 where input and output are directories.But I get the following error.

 WARN mapred.JobClient: Use GenericOptionsParser for parsing the
 arguments. Applications should implement Tool for the same.
 Exception in thread "main"
 org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileAlreadyExistsException: Output directory
 hdfs://.com/user/krishna/input already exists

 If you see it is taking input directory  as output and throwing output
 directory already exists.

 if I give below command

 hadoop jar lc.jar linecount -Dmapred.job.queue.name=<queuename> output

 I get below error.

 WARN mapred.JobClient: Use GenericOptionsParser for parsing the
 arguments. Applications should implement Tool for the same.
 Exception in thread "main"
 org.apache.hadoop.mapred.InvalidInputException: Input path does not
 exist: hdfs://com/user/krishna/-Dmapred.job.queue.name=<queuename>

 Looks like it is taking -Dmapred.job.queue.name=<queuename> as the
 input directory.

 Where am I doing wrong.
 I have implemented tool interface in main class.

*I pasted the code in pastbin.com. Link is below.

http://pastebin.com/eN1BXuWh*

 Thanks
 Lakshmi