hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: error running pi program
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 18:02:49 GMT
On 10 November 2012 18:30, yinghua hu <yinghua.hu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Steve,
>
> Your suggestion is very helpful. But I only have terminal access to the
> EC2 NN. To run internet browser there will be a lot of more work.

the SSH proxy sets up something that appears to be a SOCKs proxy -but which
routes to the far end; you set your browser to go through this proxy
(foxyproxy is a good firefox plugin here), and then your browser has access
to all the machines

see http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/use-ssh-create-http-proxy

> Since my cluster will be shut down at night and weekend. I will prefer to
> have an IP that does not change. How do you think of using EC2 Elastic IP?

not tried that; I have used dyndns.org to self register an IP address that
changes every time you bring up an instance, but whose browser bookmarks
can remain fixed