hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject hsqldb version problem
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 21:21:18 GMT
Guys,

Please help me out here. Have issue with the versions. Have both hsqldb.jar in 2.2.9 and 1.8.0.10
 By the way, which project do they come with and why do I have two? I want to know in case
I need to reinstall/upgrade...

The problem is, my Sqoop jobs were initially complaining whenever I tried to run them, looking
for 2.2.9 version of hsqldb.jar. Well I resolved that issue by moving the hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar
away and bringing in 2.2.9 one.  All worked fine until I started playing with sqoop metastore.
I could start the metastore daemon fine but when I would execute "$sqoop job -list", I  started
receiving this error.

ERROR hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage: To use this version of Sqoop, you must downgrade your metadata
schema.
ERROR tool.JobTool: I/O error performing job operation: java.io.IOException: Invalid metadata
version.
        at org.apache.sqoop.metastore.hsqldb.HsqldbJobStorage.init(HsqldbJobStorage.java:202)

I realise that  it is to do with me moving the 1.8.0 jar away. But, when I bring it back,
 $sqoop import....  jobs don't execute and start complaining again.

p.s. I just installed and are playing with Oozie. I see that it is also using 1.8.0 version
of hsqldb.jar file.

So, how to do? How can I start using 1.8.0 jar without issues or else?

My set-up:
Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.1.1
Sqoop 1.4.1-cdh4.0.1
Oozie client build version: 3.2.0-cdh4.1.2
Mapreduce-0.20

Rgds,
AK47
the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le présent courriel et toute pièce jointe
qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, protégés par le droit d'auteur et peuvent être couverts
par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autorisée est interdite.
Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez immédiatement
l'expéditeur. Veuillez penser à l'environnement avant d'imprimer le présent courriel