hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject RE: Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:44:09 GMT
Have you tried hadoop fs -chmod a+rwx /tmp

From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:acm@hortonworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:11 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)

Pls ask Cloudera lists...

On Nov 7, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Brian Derickson wrote:

Hey all,

When setting up the namenode, some of the commands that we run are:
hadoop fs -mkdir /tmp
hadoop fs -chmod -R 1777 /tmp

This has worked for previous CDH releases of Hadoop.

We recently upgraded our test cluster to CDH 4.1 and the chmod no longer works.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod -R 1777 /tmp
chmod: chmod : mode '1777' does not match the expected pattern.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod -R +t /tmp
chmod: chmod : mode '+t' does not match the expected pattern.

This disagrees with the docs here: https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/Deploying+MapReduce+v1+%28MRv1%29+on+a+Cluster#DeployingMapReducev1%28MRv1%29onaCluster-Step7

Has anyone else encountered this? Let me know if you need more information, and thanks for
your time.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe
qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts
par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite.
Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement
l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel