hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "ac@hsk.hk" ...@hsk.hk>
Subject Re: Datanode: "Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources"
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:05:27 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I think 16152 should not be the DN, since
1) my second try of "/usr/local/hadoop/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh start datanode" says 16117 (i.e.
I ran start datanode twice), and
2) ps axu | grep 16117, I got
root     16117  0.0  0.0  17004   904 pts/2    S    21:34   0:00 jsvc.exec -Dproc_datanode
-outfile /usr/local/hadoop-1.0.4/libexec/ ...

These are the two reasons that I think JPS is no longer a tool to check secure DN.

Thanks again!

On 26 Nov 2012, at 9:47 PM, Harsh J wrote:

> The 16152 should be the DN JVM I think. This is a jps limitation, as
> seen at http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/share/jps.html
> and jsvc (which secure mode DN uses) is such a custom launcher.
>
> "The jps command uses the java launcher to find the class name and
> arguments passed to the main method. If the target JVM is started with
> a custom launcher, the class name (or JAR file name) and the arguments
> to the main method will not be available. In this case, the jps
> command will output the string Unknownfor the class name or JAR file
> name and for the arguments to the main method."
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 7:11 PM, ac@hsk.hk <ac@hsk.hk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A question:
>> I started Secure DN then ran JPS as root, I could not find any running DN:
>> 16152
>> 16195 Jps
>>
>> However, when I tried to start the secure DN again, I got:
>> Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
>> datanode running as process 16117. Stop it first.
>>
>> Does it mean JPS is no longer a tool to check DN in secure mode?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On 26 Nov 2012, at 9:03 PM, ac@hsk.hk wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Harsh,
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your reply, got it!
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> ac

Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources.