hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: backup of hdfs data
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 00:47:50 GMT
Conventional enterprise backup systems are rarely scaled for hadoop needs.  Both bandwidth
and size are typically lacking.

My employer, Mapr, offers a hadoop-derived distribution that includes both point in time snapshots
and remote mirrors. Contact me off line for more info.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2012, at 4:19 PM, uday chopra <uday.chopra.1970@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do folks do to backup hdfs data?
> Has anyone experience in trying to use enterprise solutions such as netbackup with datadomain
D-2-D appliance for doing backups of data in hdfs? If so, what is the average dedup ratio?
(I understand mileage can vary based on the type of data)