hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Guang Yang <gy...@millennialmedia.com>
Subject Hadoop map-side join
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 16:26:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use Hadoop map-side join in my application and wondering if anybody knows if
there's a way to use it with the new Hadoop API ("org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.*") instead
of the old Hadoop API ("org.apache.hadoop.mapred.*"). The input format I'm trying to use for
the join is "CompositeInputFormat", which is in the old API package and looks like it expects
everything (job configuration, input split, etc) to be from the old API too. This is a problem
for me because I'm using the new API to create my map/reduce jobs so I can't just use "CompositeInputFormat"
as my job's input format. I wonder if the only way to get the map-side join work is to use
the old API to create map/reduce jobs. I appreciate any response regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Guang Yang