hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK INFORMATION INC at Cisco)" <jbeau...@cisco.com>
Subject start-dfs.sh requesting password for user used to start daemon
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:00:46 GMT
Hello,

Apache Hadoop 0.20.203.0 (tarball)
Java HotSpot (build 1.6.0_21-b07)

I have a 4 datanode cluster sandbox I'm trying to startup, but when I initiate start.dfs.sh
as the local user I created, , and after the namenode and all the datanodes
start, the output stops and asks for the password for the local account that I'm using to
run start-dfs.sh  The same happens when I run stop.dfs.sh with all datanode
daemons stopping except the namenode daemon. It does not stop due to the password requirement.
SSH passphrase-less logon is functioning for the user from
the namenode to all the datanodes. I did not alter start-dfs.sh or Hadoop-config.sh

[hdfs@ldsg-hadoop-master01 bin]$ ./start-dfs.sh
starting namenode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-ldsg-hadoop-master01.out
ldsg-hadoop02: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop02.out
ldsg-hadoop01: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop01.out
ldsg-hadoop03: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop03.out
ldsg-hadoop04: starting datanode, logging to /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hdfs-datanode-ldsg-hadoop04.out
hdfs@ldsg-hadoop-master01's password:

Thank you
-John