hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Bart Verwilst <li...@verwilst.be>
Subject Re: Mapping MySQL schema to Avro
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:19:56 GMT

I will subscribe to the avro users mailinglist as well for
this, thanks!

I'm not sure that i understand your comment about
repeating values in fmsswitchvalues, since they are different from the
ones in fmssession?

Kind regards,

Ted Dunning schreef op
23.11.2012 23:20:

> This is probably the wrong list for your question.

> And, no, I don't think that your conversion is correct.
me it looks like you have lots of values in a fmsession. In the avro
version, those values appear to be repeated in the fmsswitchvalues. That
seems wrong.
<lists@verwilst.be> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I'm currently writing an
importer to import our MySQL data into hadoop ( as Avro files ).
Attached you can find the schema i'm converting to Avro, along with the
corresponding Avro schema i would like to use for my imported data. I
was wondering if you guys could go over the schema and determine if this
is sane/optimal, and if not, how i should improve it.
>> As a
sidenote, i converted bigints to long, and had 1 occurrence of double,
which i also converted to long in the avro, not sure if that's the
correct type?
>> Thanks in advance for your expert opinions! ;)

>> Kind regards,
>> Bart
View raw message