hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Bejoy KS" <bejoy.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Java compilation error
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 06:28:40 GMT
Hi

You are seeing these compilation errors because some hadoop jars are absent in your classpath.

You need to add the required jars from HADOOP_HOME and HADOOP_HOME/lib in your class path.

Easier approach would be to build and pack your application jar in an IDE like eclipse , deploy
the jar on your hadoop client machine and run it using 'hadoop jar ...' command.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: R J <rj201244@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 15:21:39
To: Robert Evans<evans@yahoo-inc.com>; user@hadoop.apache.org<user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Hadoop Java compilation error

Thanks a lot.

I studied and tried the WordCount.java program as in the URL http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/mapred_tutorial.html

$ javac -version
javac 1.6.0
$javac -classpath /usr/local/hadoop-1.0.4/hadoop-core-1.0.4.jar:/usr/local/hadoop-1.0.4/lib/commons-cli-1.2.jar
-d wordcount_classes WordCount.java

I get 48 compilation errors. The first few are like:
WordCount.java:6: package org.apache.hadoop.fs does not exist
        import org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path;
WordCount.java:7: package org.apache.hadoop.conf does not exist
        import org.apache.hadoop.conf.*;

It seems the javac compiler cannot locate the hadoop packages. Is there any other way to include
the packages in the compilation command? Thank you.