hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Start time, end time, and task tracker of individual tasks of a job
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 18:43:26 GMT

Most of this information is already available in the JobHistory files. And there are parsers
to read from these files.

HTH
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Nov 20, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Jeff LI wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to obtain the information of each individual task of a map-reduce job,
including start time, end time, which task tracker runs this task and so on?

> I know this information can be found through the web interface running on the jobtracter.
 But is it possible to redirect the information to a nicely formatted log file for each job?