hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Start time, end time, and task tracker of individual tasks of a job
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 18:43:26 GMT

Most of this information is already available in the JobHistory files. And there are parsers
to read from these files.

+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.

On Nov 20, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Jeff LI wrote:

> Hello,
> Is there a way to obtain the information of each individual task of a map-reduce job,
including start time, end time, which task tracker runs this task and so on?
> I know this information can be found through the web interface running on the jobtracter.
 But is it possible to redirect the information to a nicely formatted log file for each job?

> By the way, I'm running hadoop 0.20.2-cdh3u5.
> Thanks advance for the help.
> Cheers
> Jeff

View raw message