Bertrand is almost right.

The only difference is that the original poster asked about cumulative sum.

This can be done in reducer exactly as Bertrand described except for two points that make it different from word count:

a) you can't use a combiner

b) the output of the program is as large as the input so it will have different performance characteristics than aggregation programs like wordcount.

Bertrand's key recommendation to go read a book is the most important advice.