use  bin/hadoop dfs -lsr har:///sample/test.har

not  dfs -ls -R har:///sample/test.har

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Alexander Hristov <alexh@planetalia.com> wrote:
Hello

I'm trying to test the Hadoop archive functionality under 0.23 and I can't get it working.

I have in HDFS a /test folder with  several text files. I created a hadoop archive using

hadoop archive -archiveName test.har -p /test *.txt  /sample

Ok, this creates a /sample/test.har with the appropriate parts (_index, _SUCCESS,_masterindex,part-0).  Performing a cat on _index shows the texts files.
However, when I try to even list the contents of the HAR file using

hdfs dfs -ls -R har:///sample/test.har

I simply get "har:///sample/test.har : No such file or directory"! WTF?

Accessing the individual files does work, however:

hdfs dfs -cat har:///sample/test.har/file.txt

works

Regards

Alexander