Hi Bjorn,
Can you post the exception you are getting during the map phase?

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Björn-Elmar Macek <macek@cs.uni-kassel.de> wrote:
Hi,

i am kind of unsure where to post this problem, but i think it is more related to hadoop than to pig.

By successfully executing a pig script i created a new file in my hdfs. Sadly though, i cannot use it for further processing except for "dump"ing and viewing the data: every data-manipulation script-command just as "foreach" gives exceptions during the map phase.
Since there was no problem executing the same script on the first 100 lines of my data (LIMIT statement),i copied it to my local fs folder.
What i realized is, that one of the files namely part-r-000001 was empty and contained within the _temporary folder.

Is there any reason for this? How can i fix this issue? Did the job (which created the file we are talking about) NOT run properly til its end, although the tasktracker worked til the very end and the file was created?

Best regards,
Björn