hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Tom Deutsch <tdeut...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HDFS using SAN
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:37:26 GMT

Agreed Luca, we do this to support existing customers that have requested
it and it works fine within obvious IO considerations. But not a
recommended way to do a green field deployment.

Tom Deutsch
Program Director
Information Management
Big Data Technologies
IBM
3565 Harbor Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626-1420
tdeutsch@us.ibm.com

Twitter: @thomasdeutsch
Data Management Blog: ibmdatamag.com/author/tdeutsch/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=833160
Quora: http://www.quora.com/Tom-Deutsch
Smarter Computing Blog:
http://www.smartercomputingblog.com/contributorsprofile/?user_id=223