hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Subash D'Souza <sdso...@truecar.com>
Subject Java heap space error
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 13:18:43 GMT
I'm running CDH 4 on  a 4 node cluster each with 96 G of RAM. Up until last week the cluster
was running until there was an error in the name node log file and I had to reformat it put
the data back

Now when I run hive on YARN. I keep getting a Java heap space error. Based on the research
I did. I upped the my mapred.child.java.opts first from 200m to 400 m to 800m and I still
have the same issue. It seems to fail near the 100% mapper mark

I checked the log files and the only thing that it does output is java heap space error. Nothing

Any help would be appreciated.

View raw message