hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop on Isilon problem
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:36:27 GMT
Hi Artem,

I don't think this is a Isilon issue as much as its a /tmp directory
permission issue. Ensure that /tmp has proper world+rw permissions, OR
if thats not doable, set the JVM system property of -Djava.io.tmpdir
to a local user writable directory and also re-point config
hadoop.tmp.dir to such a thing thats non /tmp but writable by the user
(/home/${user.name}/.tmp maybe).

Of course, easiest is just to fix the /tmp to be drwxrwxrwt,

--
Harsh J