hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Getting hostname (or any environment variable) into *-site.xml files
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:39:42 GMT
The ${FOO} stuff can be replaced via JVM System Properties. I just
explained this on another thread (a few mails ago).

So if your "library" JVM had a system property of
-DHOSTNAME=donkeykong.com then ${HOSTNAME} will be replaced by
donkeykong.com automatically.

Likewise, even using Tool as the entry point of your app will let you
achieve the same via regular -D args.

Hope this helps!

--
Harsh J