hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop on Isilon problem
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:24:55 GMT
No problem, thanks for closing the loop!

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 8:41 PM, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:
> Yup, that was it. I confused this tmp with another tmp we created before.
>
> Thank you.

Ensure that /tmp has proper world+rw permissions, OR if thats not doable, set the JVM system
property of -Djava.io.tmpdir to a local user writable directory and also re-point config hadoop.tmp.dir
to such a thing thats non /tmp but writable by the user (/home/${user.name}/.tmp maybe).