hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Rita <rmorgan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop on Isilon problem
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 00:23:36 GMT
out of curiosity, what does running HDFS give you when running thru an
Isilon cluster?

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@gmail.com>wrote:

> Look at the directory permissions?
>

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:
>
>>  Anyone using Hadoop running on Isilon NAS? I am trying to submit a job
>> with a user other than the one running Hadoop and I’m getting the following
>> error:****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Permission denied****
>>
>>         at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)***
>> *
>>
>>         at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1717)****
>>
>>         at java.io.File.createTempFile0(File.java:1738)****
>>
>>         at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1815)****
>>
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:115)****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Any ideas?****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Artem Ervits****
>>
>> Data Analyst****
>>
>> New York Presbyterian Hospital****
>>
>> ** **

>> This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient,
and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error
or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the
electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank
you.