hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rules engine with Hadoop
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:22:08 GMT
the number of rules isn't as important as how the rules are written.

Generally speaking, if you're using a RETE rule engine, the key is
making sure you use rule chaining properly.

I've seen people write really huge rule like they're writing java,
which ends up being a horrible mess. As along as the rules make use of
proper rule chaining, the actions of the rules become output of the
map phase.

In practice though, it might not always be possible to do this, so
your mileage will vary.