hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Alberto Cordioli <cordioli.albe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Old vs New API
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:02:51 GMT
Thanks Bejoy,

my only concern is that the new api were to become "official" quite
some time ago, but this seems to be a long process.
And honestly I don't understand why. The changes are not so invasive.
I just want to be sure to learn the more suitable api for the future.

Anyway, as you said, let's see if a committer can comment on this.

Alberto

On 22 October 2012 15:40, Bejoy KS <bejoy.hadoop@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi alberto
>
> The new mapreduce API is coming to shape now. The majority of the classes available in
old API has been ported to new API as well.

> The Old mapred API was marked depreciated in an earlier version of hadoop (0.20.x) but
later it was un-depreciated as all the functionality in old API was not available in new mapreduce
API at that point.

--
Alberto Cordioli