hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Alberto Cordioli <cordioli.albe...@gmail.com>
Subject DistributedCache: getLocalCacheFiles() always null
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:19:24 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to use the DistributedCache with the new Hadoop API.
According to the documentation it seems that nothing change, and the
use is the same as with the old api.
However I am facing some problems. This is the snippet in which I use it:

// setting input/output format classes

//DISTRIBUTED CACHE
DistributedCache.addCacheFile(new
Path("/cdr/input/cgi.csv#cgi.csv").toUri(), getConf());
job.waitForCompletion(true);

and in my reducer:

@Override
protected void setup(Context context) throws IOException{
      Path[] localFiles =
DistributedCache.getLocalCacheFiles(context.getConfiguration());
}

localFiels is always null. I read that the getLocalCacheFiles() should
be used in configure() method, but the mapper/reducer of the new api
do not have that method.
What's wrong?
I read that the DistributedCache has some troubles if you try to run
your program from a client (e.g., inside an IDE), but I tried also to
run it directly on the cluster.

Thanks.

--
Alberto Cordioli