hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Andy Isaacson <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 20:30:34 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Kartashov, Andy
<Andy.Kartashov@mpac.ca> wrote:
> You are absolutely right.  It was inded  "localhost..:"   in the URL. When I changed
it to my IP address the page duly loaded. Which .xml file is responsible for this setting?

It depends on which URL, you left out that part of the answer. :) When
you click the link on dfsHealth.jsp, does the error page have
nn_browsedfscontent.jsp in the URL bar, or does it have
browseDirectory.jsp in the URL bar?

The NN address can be specified with dfs.namenode.http-address and the
DN with dfs.datanode.http.address but you shouldn't need to configure
those by hand, the code is supposed to be smart enough to figure it
out automatically. It works in my Hadoop 2.0.x configurations here, so
I'd like to track down what is different about your configuration in
case we need to fix the code to DTRT for that kind of configuration.

The first thing I would check is to make sure your server name is not
listed as 127.0.1.1 in /etc/hosts on the server. Since this (arguably
broken) configuration is the default for some distros, it would be
nice if Hadoop could handle it automatically, but in my experience
things work much better when I delete that line from /etc/hosts.

-andy

> Cheers,
> Andy

URL gets its IP address from the DN registration message. Is the URL that throws dns_unresolved_hostname
the nn_browsedfscontent.jsp URL, or the browseDirectory.jsp that it redirects to?

> What's your dfs.namenode.rpc-address and http-address settings? Are there any odd entries
in /etc/hosts like having your hostname listed on a 127.0.0.1 line?  Is this on a single-node
cluster or a multi-node cluster?

> If none of the above seems diagnostic, what does the
> "NameSystem.registerDatanode: node registration from DatanodeRegistration(192.168.122.87"
log messages in your namenode log look like?

> -andy
>
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Kartashov, Andy <Andy.Kartashov@mpac.ca> wrote:
>> hadoop version
>> Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.0.1
>> Subversion
>> file:///data/1/jenkins/workspace/generic-package-rhel64-6-0/topdir/BUI
>> LD/hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.0.1/src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common
>>
>> Andy Kartashov
>> MPAC
>> Architecture R&D, Co-op
>> 1340 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, L1V 0C4
>> 1 Phone : (905) 837 6269
>> 6 Mobile: (416) 722 1787
>> andy.kartashov@mpac.ca

consistent networking environment setup.

>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Kartashov, Andy <Andy.Kartashov@mpac.ca> wrote:
>>> I do too can open  <domain>:50070/dfshealth.jsp page and click NameNode
Logs link however when I click on Browse the filesystem link I get the following: