hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: reference architecture
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:10:27 GMT
On 25 October 2012 20:24, Daniel Käfer <d.kaefer@hs-furtwangen.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a reference architecture for hadoop. The only result I
> found is Lambda architecture from Nathan Marz[0].

I quite like the new Hadoop in Practice for a lot of that, especially the
answer to #2, "how to store the data", where he looks at all the options.
Joining is the other big issue.

http://steveloughran.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/hadoop-in-practice-applied-hadoop.html

Regarding storing DB data, HBase-on-HDFS is where people keep it; Pig and
Hive can work with that as well as rawer data kept in HDFS directly