hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: unable to access using webhdfs in 0.23.3
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 18:24:08 GMT
does any other webhdfs call work for you?

for example can you do this

http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1/user/test.jpg?OP=liststatus

I tried 0.23.4 and setup a single node cluster and was able to make the calls.

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

On Oct 17, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Visioner Sadak <visioner.sadak@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess my temporary redirect in webhdfs is not getting properly done , its pointing
to localhost instead of  ip address am i missing any configurations all my conf files have
ip address only...

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Visioner Sadak <visioner.sadak@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> http://112.30.123.711:50070/webhdfs/v1/user/test.jpg?op=OPEN
>
> whn i use my linux box ip 112.30.123.711 it points to
>
> http://localhost:50075/webhdfs/v1/user/test.jpg?op=OPEN&namenoderpcaddress=112.30.123.711:8020&offset=0
>
> localhost hw to bring in linux box ip in here ???
>

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Visioner Sadak <visioner.sadak@gmail.com> wrote:
> have configured webhdfs in hdfs-site.xml
>
> as
>
>  <property>
>         <name>dfs.webhdfs.enabled</name>
>         <value>true</value>
>     </property>
> but unable to access my file at
>
> http://localhost:50070/webhdfs/v1/user/test.jpg?op=OPEN
>
> also tried
>
> http://localhost:50075/webhdfs/v1/user/test.jpg?op=OPEN  getting exception in browser
>

> {"RemoteException":{"exception":"IllegalArgumentException","javaClassName":
> "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException","message":"Expecting exactly one of nameNodeAddr
and rpcNamenode being null: nameNodeAddr=null, rpcNamenode=null"}}