hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject RE: Sqoop 1.4.1-cdh4.0.1 is not running in Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.1.1 SOLVED!
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:57:02 GMT
Found a solution after searching for hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar and replacing them with latest hsqldb.jar.

Found them inside:
/usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/
/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/lib/

:):):)

From: Kartashov, Andy [mailto:Andy.Kartashov@mpac.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:17 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Sqoop 1.4.1-cdh4.0.1 is not running in Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.1.1

Guys tried for hours to resolve this error.

I am trying to import a table to Hadoop using Sqoop.

ERROR is:
Error: org.hsqldb.DatabaseURL.parseURL(Ljava/lang/String;ZZ)Lorg/hsqldb/persist/HsqlProperties

I realise that there is an issue with the versions of hsqldb.jar files

At first, Sqoop was spitting above error until I realised that my /usr/lib/sqoop/lib folder
had both versions hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar and just hsqldb.jar (2.0? I suppose), and sqoop-conf
was picking up the first (wrong jar).

When I moved the hsqldb-1.8.0.10.jar away, Sqoop stopped complaining but them Hadoop began
spitting out the same error. No matter what I tried I could not get Hadoop to pick the right
jar.

I tried setting:
export HADOOP_CLASSPATH="/usr/lib/sqoop/lib/hsqldb.jar" and then
export HADOOP_USER_CLASSPATH_FIRST=true
without luck..

Please help.

Thnks