hadoop-user mailing list archives

From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject RE: Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 18:42:12 GMT
Andy,

:)
You are absolutely right.  It was inded  "localhost..:"   in the URL. When I changed it to
my IP address the page duly loaded. Which .xml file is responsible for this setting?

Cheers,
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Isaacson [mailto:adi@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2012 2:10 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue when clicking on BrowseFileSystem

Andy,

It sounds like your namenode thinks the datanode is on localhost. The "browse the filesystem"
URL gets its IP address from the DN registration message. Is the URL that throws dns_unresolved_hostname
the nn_browsedfscontent.jsp URL, or the browseDirectory.jsp that it redirects to?

What's your dfs.namenode.rpc-address and http-address settings? Are there any odd entries
in /etc/hosts like having your hostname listed on a 127.0.0.1 line?  Is this on a single-node
cluster or a multi-node cluster?

If none of the above seems diagnostic, what does the
"NameSystem.registerDatanode: node registration from DatanodeRegistration(192.168.122.87"
log messages in your namenode log look like?

-andy

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Kartashov, Andy <Andy.Kartashov@mpac.ca> wrote:
> hadoop version
> Hadoop 2.0.0-cdh4.0.1
> Subversion
> file:///data/1/jenkins/workspace/generic-package-rhel64-6-0/topdir/BUI
> LD/hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.0.1/src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common
>
> Andy Kartashov
> MPAC
> Architecture R&D, Co-op
> 1340 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, L1V 0C4
> 1 Phone : (905) 837 6269
> 6 Mobile: (416) 722 1787
> andy.kartashov@mpac.ca

link however when I click on Browse the filesystem link I get the following: