hadoop-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop/Lucene + Solr architecture suggestions?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:58:57 GMT
I prefer to create indexes in the reducer personally.

Also you can avoid the copies if you use an advanced hadoop-derived distro. Email me off list
for details.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2012, at 7:47 PM, Mark Kerzner <mark.kerzner@shmsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if I create a Lucene index in each mapper, locally, then copy them to under /jobid/mapid1,
/jodid/mapid2, and then in the reducers copy them to some Solr machine (perhaps even merging),
does such architecture makes sense, to create a searchable index with Hadoop?