hadoop-user mailing list archives

From JAY <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop/Lucene + Solr architecture suggestions?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 05:38:32 GMT
How can you store Solr shards in hadoop? Is each data node running a Solr server?  If so -
is the reducer doing a trick to write to a local fs?

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 11, 2012, at 12:04 AM, "M. C. Srivas" <mcsrivas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Interestingly, a few MapR customers have gone the other way, deliberately having the
indexer put  the Solr shards directly into MapR and letting it distribute it. Has made index-management
a cinch.

> Otherwise they do run into what Tim alludes to.
>
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Lance Norskog <goksron@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In the LucidWorks Big Data product, we handle this with a reducer that sends documents
to a SolrCloud cluster. This way the index files are not managed by Hadoop.