hadoop-user mailing list archives

From George London <george.j.lon...@gmail.com>
Subject [quickstart] Setting up a Cluster with Whirr and Cloudera Manager
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 17:45:33 GMT
Hi All,

I recently had occasion to learn Hadoop/HBase and set up a fully distributed cluster on EC2.
 To save future Hadoop'ers some of the frustration that involved, I wrote a how-to blog post
detailing the necessary steps to get going quickly and avoid the gotchas. As far as I know,
this is the fastest way to get up and running with no prior Hadoop experience (though please
let me know if you have a better method!)

I thought you all might be interested.

http://rogueleaderr.tumblr.com/post/32768181371/set-up-and-run-a-fully-distributed-hadoop-hbase-cluster

-George

P.S. Sorry for any cross-posting; I've been trying to distribute this to wherever it might
be helpful.

George London
E: george.j.london@gmail.com
T: @rogueleaderr